Finding a venue was MUCH more stressful than I anticipated. I think I envisioned visiting beautiful places and leisurely strolling around them with family and friends, while picturing myself at each one for what will be one of the most important days on my life. Only that's not how it happened. First, it was cold. As in, I was wearing sweaters, a pea coat, two paris of socks, and Uggs (and I was tempted to put on long underwear under my jeans). Not only was it cold outside, but each venue was freezing as well because, understandably, they don't heat a space when there is no event taking place in it. So we shuffled through chilly buildings, gardens, and lawns all day Saturday. Thankfully I had wonderful company with Matt, my parents, and his parents. It was so nice to compare our thoughts over a warm lunch afterwards! We were so surprised though at the increase in costs since my sister got married five years ago. I have AMAZING parents though and so with lots of talking and number crunching and a little negotiating, we finally settled on a venue and a date. Hooray!!!
Matt and I will be getting married June 4, 2011 in a morning ceremony at Calamigos, a venue tucked into the canyons of Malibu. It is a garden setting with a reception hall attached to it and, as Matt says, it "feels like a hug." Hugs, of course, are one of my favorite things! This is the venue my sister and brother-in-law were married in 2005 and I hope my marriage is as blessed as theirs has been. I am so blessed too that my sister wants to share this place with me. What a fun connection and memory we will have!
I am attaching a few photos we took on the day of the tour as we wandered around. Of course, everything will be decorated differently on our day but it will give you an idea of what's to come. We can't wait!!!
You can't see it in this picture, but there is a waterfall that goes over the row of windows in the back. So beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment