Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This last week I drove up to Palo Alto for a job interview at a Children's Center. It will take a couple weeks  to hear if I will be offered the job or not so I'm crossing my fingers until then.

While I was up there, Matt and I decided to go over our finances and really think about where we wanted to live, what features we wanted in a home, and what we could afford so we wouldn't be house poor and could still plan fun trips and such. We started feeling a little frustrated that we would end up settling and at the last minute we decided to go check out one more place. We had tried to tour this apartment complex before but weren't able to tour a unit. To our surprise when we got there we were able to view three units and found one we thought was PERFECT for us! Because it had immediate availability we had to scramble to put all our paperwork and finances together but we were approved and Matt should be picking up the keys tomorrow! Here's the floor plan for our new home in Sunnyvale (there is a washer/dryer in unit too):


Matt will be moving his things in slowly, between trips to China, and will start living there in May. I will move up the furniture I have been storing in my garage sometime in April so Matt will have what he needs for now. The only thing we really will need is a larger bed than the Full's we both have now. 

So lots of changes. We are both really excited about this new home together. It is remodeled so it has granite countertops in the kitchen and bathroom, new cupboards, new carpet, a great patio and storage closet, and feels cozy. 

Kitchen

Washer & Dryer

Shower/Bathroom


Sink/Bathroom

Patio (with security glass for extra privacy/safety)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Soooo excited for you!!! Your first home together. It's the greatest thing ever!!! I pray many wonderful memories will come from this place!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond happy for you two!!! So many things to look forward to. What a blessed year for you both. Can't wait to see you in a little over 2 months if not before!!!

    ReplyDelete