Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our First Christmas

Growing up, Matt always had an artificial tree and I always had a living tree. My family tradition was to either cut down a tree at a local tree farm or go to a local store and buy one. Matt and I decided together on a live tree and headed out to buy one at our local Home Depot on Saturday night. In a short matter of time we picked out a Douglas Fir tree in the 5-6ft section and had it trimmed and ready to put in the Jeep and take home. We spent the evening setting it up, stringing on the lights, and decorating it. I had already decorated the house the weekend before, so with the tree, everything was complete for our first Christmas together! 

Here are the pictures:

Keeping presents under a tree when you have a puppy who loves paper is not a good idea. Keeping them here for now. 

Our tree

Tree with stocking in background

A family of stockings. It's Fabulich tradition to make them. :)

Here's the one my mom and I made for Hunter

And the one my mom and I made for Matt

Tree

First ornament we hung was a wedding picture in a 2011 frame from Crate & Barrel

This is a Lennox ornament my Grandma gave me years ago and I finally have a tree to hang it on!

An ornament from the Daroca family

Two little ornaments I bought for myself last year :)

We decided on a cheap tree skirt this year in case Hunter tried to eat it

Our new bookshelf we got on Black Friday. The DVD case normally goes where the tree is so we moved it here for now. 

Kitchen table decorations: dark chocolate espresso beans, chocolate truffles, hurricane with candle from Crate & Barrel, and a basket of cinnamon scented pine cones. 

Coffee bar on top, and wine bar on first shelf. Family photos below with Matt's books. 

Living room

Here's Hunter sticking his tongue out. He enjoyed the decorating party we had. 

Hunter- 7 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment