Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our Journey


Some women never know the pain and heartache of trying to get pregnant.

Some women define trying to conceive as spending countless moments together with their loved one and testing every month. They’re unaware of those who receive a devastating diagnosis, experience countless doctor appointments, invasive tests and procedures, expensive medications, and painful injections…all in the hopes of making a baby.

Some women never know what it is to choose between the next procedure that could make their dreams of a family come true, or keeping their life savings. Some women run out of money with still no child in their arms and have to pretend to the world their family is complete without the children they ache for.

Some women never imagine what it’s like to grieve the loss of never being pregnant. To hear a doctor say you have no choice in the matter because your body is physically unable to do what you always assumed it would. To never have that positive test, the ultrasounds, the tiny kicks, the delivery, and the moment when they lay that sweet bundle in your arms and you lose your heart even more than you thought possible.

Some women complain through their entire pregnancy, unaware of the infertile women who would be willing to have the worst side effects ever if it just meant they could be pregnant.

Some women post a stream of announcements, pictures, and videos on Facebook of their pregnancy and birth, unaware of how those posts affect the infertile women whose hearts are breaking.

Some women never have a miscarriage. They don’t know what it is to love something precious and lose it. To grieve someone you never saw face-to-face. To miss someone you only met in your heart.

These are all things I’ve thought about and experienced in our last eight months on this constant IVF journey. I can’t tell you how many times my heart has been broken, the tears I’ve cried, and the pain I’ve endured. Yet going through all this makes us appreciate our blessings so much more, which is why we are so proud to announce that I am pregnant and expecting twins in December!  

This is a miracle not every infertile women is given and we are so very thankful! However, we also understand the fragile gift that it is and know that, especially after our past losses, it is not guaranteed. We hope and pray that, God-willing, we meet these children just before Christmas.

We ask that you help us help other couples we know who are trying to conceive by not posting anything on our Facebook pages about this pregnancy. As someone who has been hurt numerous times by the surprise announcement or ultrasound picture, I would never want to hurt someone else by doing the same thing. We plan on posting occasionally on our blog with updates but I will not be posting things on Facebook. If you want to get our pregnancy updates, please be sure to follow our blog by email. You can do so by entering your email on the top, right hand side of our blog and follow the prompts provided (your email address is secure, protected, and will not be used for any purpose other than receiving notifications when we’ve loaded a new post). 

Although we do not want anything on our Facebook walls, we would love to hear from you privately! Please feel free to private message us, leave comments on the blog, email, text, or call us. Thank you for joining us in celebrating this tremendous blessing and we ask that you be praying with us for the health and safety of our babies. Thank you to all of those who have been with us faithfully throughout our journey!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see this post!! Many prayers and lots of love coming your way! YAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely look through fb posts unless I go to someones page on purpose and wanted to check on you and peruse your wall!! SOO glad I found this... although I am a follower I never receive emails. CONGRATS to you both!!! Praying and thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. <3

    ReplyDelete