Saturday, June 18, 2011

Catching Up & Settling In

I guess I would have to say that married life has officially began. Since moving up here on Tuesday, I think I have done laundry every day, have cooked dinner every night (Matt does our dishes) except last night when Matt took me to sushi, and am working hard at unpacking and settling in. Currently I am attempting to blog and catch you all up while Matt watches... you guessed it... horse racing on TV. Things are starting to settle down and I hope to post pictures of our place later this week. Here are some summaries of what has been happening lately:

WEDDING
Matt and I celebrated our wedding day with so many wonderful family and friends, and we both agree that the whole day flew by through a whirlwind of events. I wouldn't say that any one thing was a disaster but we had our fair share of things we wish had gone differently but can still have a good laugh at. Some of my highlights include spending the afternoon with my bridesmaids on Friday. We had plenty of good laughs and managed to even get some good sleep. Saturday morning was peaceful and fun until Kristina and I realized we were somehow an hour behind schedule and started frantically trying to finish getting ready. Here are some highlights from Saturday:
*Ending up wearing Bianca's perfume because we couldn't find mine.
*Seeing Matt for our first look and seeing tears in his eyes. :)
*Seeing all my friends looking so lovely!
*Walking down the aisle with my daddy.
*Since we were all running late I didn't get to check that things were set up correctly and people were where they were supposed to be - looking at pictures later I realized that was a problem as stuff was put out that didn't belong, stuff wasn't put out in the baskets they were supposed to be in, and people were missing. Oh well! I still got married!
*Matt's shoes were missing when we left so we walked out with him in his dress socks, which then tracked wood chips into my car and are now embedded in the flooring.
*We got called back because Matt's tux and my toiletries didn't get packed and picked up.
*Matt booked the wrong hotel and when we showed up in wedding attire (sans shoes) we realized we didn't have reservations. Thankfully they worked it out and switched us over, no problem. They even delivered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!

HONEYMOON
Maui ended up being pretty windy and overrun with families but we still had a good time snorkeling, enjoying some amazing meals, and even went to a lavender farm. It was so nice to finally have some down time with nothing needing to be done. We didn't come back tan but we also didn't come back sunburned!

MOVING
After coming back to CA we stayed at my parents house for a night and enjoyed a good meal with my family and Matt's mom. Matt's dad is now living at Cedar Sinai Hospital until a heart becomes available to him, as he is next on the transplant list. We were able to have a good visit with him in the hospital before driving up. This week I have been working on unpacking, laundry, planting my garden, stocking my fridge and cupboards, and getting ready for our puppy (which we get next Saturday).

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures (so far) from the rehearsal and wedding:








 


No comments:

Post a Comment