Thursday, August 16, 2012

Buffalo, New York



Last weekend Matt made a quick trip home so we could fly to New York and attend our friends' wedding in Buffalo. We were so blessed to have Matt's mom offer to drive up and stay with Hunter for the weekend, which was also nice because we got to spend some extra time with her on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. 

So Matt landed from China late on Wednesday night, went into work Thursday, and we flew out at 6am on Friday morning. We took part in the rehearsal and dinner, and headed to bed at 11pm where we slept soundly until 11am. Yup, twelve whole glorious hours of rock hard slumber. Matt ran out to grab lunch with some friends while I got ready to head to the church by 2pm. We were excited to be included in the service by giving the Offering for communion. Afterwards there were a couple of hours before the reception so we headed out with friends for coffee and drinks. By 6pm we were at the reception where we enjoyed more time with friends, eating, and celebrating Brandon and Julie! By 11:30pm we were headed back to bed to grab a few hours of sleep before getting on another early flight home to San Francisco. Poor Matt, by this time he had been in four different time zones in about 4 days, and he headed back to China again on Tuesday morning- yes, you read correctly. Not even a full week at home. As we figure, he's spent less than 10 nights in our bedroom since the spring. We can only hope his travel schedule slows down in the Fall and be grateful for the points and miles he's accrued which have allowed us to travel for free this summer and attend both weddings we were invited to. 

We'll also be using miles to travel to Cayman Island in about a week. We have rented an oceanfront villa with my parents and sister's family and cannot wait to unplug, snorkel, explore, and rest. You can be sure I'll be posting lots of pictures from that adventure! Until then, this is what I'm looking forward to!

Cayman Island

Rum Pointe, Cayman Island


3 comments:

  1. You have me dreaming of this too!!! Take lots of pictures and let me know where you stay. Paul and I need a vacation soon. :)
    Can't wait for you two to get some down time together! I don't know how Matt does it... I travel for a day or two in one week and I am wiped out. He is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I am so jealous of your trip!! thats crazy how much ur husband is gone, what does he do for work??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a mechanical engineer for Apple. His projects are typically in iPhones, iPads, and iPods. While they design here in the Bay Area, they manufacture in China, which is why Matt has to travel so much and meet with vendors there.

      And this is the dress from Alexis Bridal I wrote about earlier! It's a Mori Lee!

      Where are you going for your honeymoon? It's coming up so SOON!!! <3

      Delete