Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm That Girl

I have a major crush on music. It's pretty much been like that for as long as I can remember. My family likes to remind me, especially while in public group settings, how when I was little I would line all of my stuffed animals up on the couch, pop in an Amy Grant tape, grab a pencil as my microphone, and crank that music up to give the performance of a lifetime. I danced. I sang. I worked that stuffed animal crowd like nobody's buisness. And it was a sold out performance every time.

Not much has changed in the 24 years since, except maybe the audience. Instead of stuffed animals I sing to real animals. Hunter happens to be one of my number one fans. My poor husband is subjected to my performances on every road trip. Bless his soul. Because you know I'm singing along to every song on our 5 hour drive down south- unless he's lucky and I fall asleep. (Love you Hunny!). And if he's really lucky, I don't just sing, but I dance too. Ya, I know, the talent I withhold is abounding.

Knowing my deep love of "bumping", Matt had an improved amp and subwoofer installed in my car after we got married. Thankfully, now I can include all of the Bay Area in my arena and audience. Because you know that if I'm driving along, and especially if it's a sunny day and I have the sunroof open, I am singing at the top of my lungs, feeling every beat, and even my seatbelt can't hold me back from dancing as I sit in traffic on 280 everyday. Yep, that's right. I'm that girl.

This is one of my new favorite songs, and the collection grows every week thanks to iTunes Free Download of the Week. So come on. Let your hair down. Throw off fear of public embarrassment. Give in to the beat and let it go. You know you wanna join me on tour. ;)

Snow Patrol "Just Say Yes" (click on the link for the YouTube song/video)


No comments:

Post a Comment