My 29th birthday was on the 3rd and my family and Matt went above and beyond to help me celebrate this year! After a day at work, we opened presents over FaceTime with my parents and then headed out for Kara's Cupcakes and a sushi dinner (yes, in that order... it was my birthday after all!)
Every year I get to pick something special I want to do for my birthday and this year I chose the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We've been there once before, years ago when we were dating, for a day trip. It was especially fun to head back as a married couple! Matt also suggested that we stay in Carmel for the night and make a weekend of it- what a smart man!! Here's the birthday recap (click on any picture to see a larger view):
 |
| Birthday balloons are a tradition in our family and we always try to find the biggest, most obnoxious ones just for fun! |
 |
| Thank you for the birthday cards! |
 |
| Gift from Matt: Fossil watch in Rose Gold! |
 |
| Gifts from my parents: Real Techniques makeup brushes, eyeshadow palette, and my favorite perfume! |
 |
| My mom also included these (some of my favorites!) |
 |
| (My makeup collection is getting bigger and bigger but I'm keeping it organized...of course) ;) |
 |
| Monterey Bay Aquarium |
 |
| Our suite at the Hyatt Carmel |
 |
| Another view of our room |
 |
| Rainy day view off our balcony |
 |
| Most ginormous tub ever! |
 |
| My dad taught me how to build awesome fires |
 |
| Sorry for the sideways view, but we went out for an amazing seafood dinner in Carmel |
 |
| The view we woke up to Sunday morning |
We spent Sunday afternoon watching the Redskins game with our friends Justin and Sita (truthfully, they watched and I read a book. We all know I don't watch sports. Haha!), and they gave me a tasty Edible Arrangements bouquet which I promptly ate and therefore there are no photos.
Thanks everyone who sent me love on my birthday this year! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment