![]() |
| 28 Weeks |
My third trimester can be summed up in three little words: Tums, Pepcid, and Zofran. Ahhh, sweet music to my burning heart and nauseous tummy!
With my deadline being 37 weeks, I have 9 weeks left to go (or less if there are any surprises). So far I have only gained about 2 pounds and the rest is all weight related directly to the babies...yay me! I have found that when it comes to having a hard pregnancy you have to celebrate and focus on the things that go well. The other things I have been celebrating are that these babies both seem to be healthy, I am healthy, and we are pretty much ready to go with the nursery and baby clothes.
My ongoing challenges are constant acid reflux and heartburn- I'm talking 24/7, can't ever lay down (sleep sitting up), have to strictly watch what I eat, I keep Tums in business, kind of heartburn- and morning sickness. Also, my back pain has really flared up in these last weeks as these babies have put on weight.
Today I showed up to have lunch with my friend Bianca and was greeted with a surprise baby shower she threw for me! We were blessed with newborn diapers, bath toys, and winter clothes in 12-month sizes. Most of what we have is in newborn sizes so it was such a blessing to know I have a few warm, fuzzy things to bring out next winter! Not only was I surprised by the shower, but there were girls there I'd never met and they brought gifts and played games and celebrated these babies with us...so incredible!!! Thank you Bianca (and Sandy!) for the delicious food and fun company! You thought of the little details to make it a special event as well as heard the things we still needed and made sure those needs we met. :)
We'll keep you posted in these next weeks as we wrap things up with the nursery and finish getting ready to meet these little ones!

At the end my acid reflux was so bad I could barely eat. But you are doing way better than me in weight gain! I was almost 200 lbs and the babies were born weighing 5.7 and 6.1 lbs!
ReplyDelete