Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Annalee Faith Scott

Sweet daughter, I will never forget that day.

I was standing in Target in the cough and cold aisle looking for medicine for your daddy's cough and trying to decide between berry or pomegranate-honey cough drops; Mucinex or Delsym cough syrup. Suddenly sharp and shooting pains hit me, taking my breath away, and making me feel lightheaded. I found a bench near the pharmacy and sat down. Thinking these were round ligament pains hitting me again I thought I would wait it out, get my last items, check out, and head home to rest. Only the pain got worse and I decided to just conquer and get out the store to head home and rest. But upon standing up the pain shot fiercely through me and I decided to leave the last few items on my list and go check out. I didn't make it a few steps before I realized I wouldn't be able to even do that. I left my full cart right there in the middle of Target: a Valentine's Day card for your daddy, training pants for your brothers, two candles on sale that were in my favorite scents, razors for the guest bathroom as I knew I would be using the bigger shower more and more often as my tummy grew along with you, extra shampoo and conditioner, and that cough medicine for your daddy. I slowly made my way out the doors and as I shuffled along I felt a warmth between my legs and when I got to the car I saw the blood all over my pants. I sobbed and sobbed, and I was so scared. Just the morning before I saw you wiggling around and heard your heartbeat on the ultrasound, you were perfect and we celebrated your health. We were finally feeling like we could breathe and celebrate your life. And suddenly a day later your life seemed to be seeping right out of me.

Daddy rushed me to the ER and multiple tests showed your little heart, still beating so beautifully strong. We cried and were so thankful to see you still with us. Bleeding in my uterus was the cause of the blood and the doctors sent me home to check in with my OB tomorrow. But two hours later I knew something was wrong. As I swayed my body to the rhythm of the pain of labor and called out, "Jesus. Oh Jesus" because His name was all I could say in the moment. And then you were suddenly there, right before my eyes, instead of being tucked safely inside my body where you should be. And I wept. I sobbed. And your daddy came and found me. We cradled you in our hands and I whispered to you, "Momma's here hunny. Momma's got you. I'm so sorry sweetie." We examined your ten precious toes and ten tiny fingers, your two little feet and hands, your ears, your eyes, your little umbilical cord, your beautifully knit together organs underneath your delicate skin- kidneys, liver, heart, spine, brain- all so miraculously formed at only 10 weeks old. I held your hand and touched you softly; these were the only moments we would ever spend together and I wanted to cherish them.

We spent the rest of the night in the ER as I couldn't control the blood I was losing. Daddy and I were scared but all we could think of was you and how we so desperately wished we could go home and be pregnant again, dreaming of our future with you. We hadn't even told our families or friends about you yet.

Annalee Faith. We picked your name from a song that is oh so very special to your momma. And in two parts your name (Anna) means grace and (lee) means meadows, and I just love the thought of meadows of grace. Because no matter what, God is good and his mercies and grace are new everyday. We chose Faith because we have to have faith that everything is for a reason; we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). God is good. All the time. No matter how much I hurt. No matter the things I don't understand. I am so thankful for the time He gave us to meet you, hold you, and see how beautiful you are.

Your brothers and your Daddy and I spent precious moments with you, holding you, saying goodbye, and singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", which is one of your brothers favorite songs. And then together we buried you under one of my favorite flowers, so you will forever be with our family.

There are so many things I was looking forward to with you sweet daughter. You are so loved, so wanted, so anticipated, so celebrated. I can't wait till I get to meet you again and I know you are safe and sound in Jesus's arms. So I'll see you soon daughter, although it may feel like an eternity to me. I just know that day will be so extraordinary. Until then I cling to this truth: The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord.



Please follow the link if you would like to hear the song. You might need to turn up your volume a little bit. Annalee

"Annalee" by J.J.L (chorus)

Annalee, you're my sweetest chocolate, baby. 
Annalee, you're the greatest tune. 
Annalee, you're my favorite woman. 
Annalee, I can't get enough of you.

Annalee, oh I'm gonna miss you. 
Annalee, I'm gonna come home soon. 
Annalee, stay my sugar baby. 
Annalee, I can't get enough of you.

Annalee, you're my favorite subject. 
Annalee, you're my only clue. 
Annalee, you're my only soft spot. 
Annalee, I can't get enough of you.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart hurts for your right now. I'm in tears with you. I am SO sorry that Annalee is no longer here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Staci im so sorry. I can't even imagine what you're going thru our have gone thru. My heart hurts for you and Matt. May her sweet little soul rest in peace and may your heart's broken pieces mend knowing she safe in heaven. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci, Matt, Lucas, Andrew, and precious Annalee. My heart is crying for you 5. I'm beyond saddened and am hurting for you all. Thank you for always sharing these precious moments with us. Your strength and neverending faith leaves me in awe. I'll be praying and thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Staci and Matt (and kiddos) and I know this pain all too well... so sorry you have to endure it now. We are here for you and hope to give you hugs and love this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staci, I am covered in goosebumps and just sitting here weeping. What a beautiful tribute to your precious, beloved Annalee. Thank you for sharing this horrible grief and bittersweet joy. You will remain in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is breaking for you, Staci! I'm so very sorry about your sweet Annalee. I will be praying for you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete