Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dr. Pepper


You may have noticed recent Dr. Pepper commercials talking about its "blend of 23 flavors." Well, I'm beginning to feel like doctors have as many theories about my health as Dr. Pepper has flavors. Yesterday I heard yet another one. Oh boy.

New theory: Endo has caused severe scar tissue which has connected to my muscles and is twisting them, which has changed my moving mechanics, thus causing severe pain.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I guess I could believe this one at about a 5 to 6. Could be plausible but I still think there's more. I don't see how scar tissue and muscles effect me when I sit or stand. Or sleep. Or how my spine hurts when you touch it. But I can see how scar tissue, which can be stiff and rigid, could attach to muscles and make them move differently than they should and that could cause misalignment and pain.

So yesterday I was pushed and pulled and tweaked and twisted and then sent home. I think all of that movement was supposed to stretch and manipulate the scar tissue and muscles, and it very well might have, but all I know is that I spent yesterday in a lot of pain, and I have the unfortunate feeling that today will be the same. I have some errands to run but other than that I think I'll be hanging out with an ice pack, some meds, Hunter, and some movies (yay for Apple TV!).

To be productive I will pry myself up and do a load of laundry or two. Thankfully the house is clean and there's no grocery shopping to do. I wanted to take Hunter to the dog park but I don't think I can do the 30 min drive each way and stand there while he sits at other people's feet instead of playing with the dogs. My next plan was to take him on a walk, but unless I sit in a sleigh and he pulls me, I don't see that being able to happen today either. This is why I want an answer and a plan to fix it. I deserve more out of life and so does Matt, Hunter, and any future children we have. Not only is my life held back but I constantly feel like I'm holding back others too.

When will my 23 flavors simplify to one, giving me an answer and hope towards feeling better?

No comments:

Post a Comment