Recently a friend reminded me to not let one issue overcrowd my life and she was right, so I have been trying to blog about a few other things outside of my health. Following up on my post yesterday though, I wanted to update on my latest doctor appointment.
As you may remember, my last doctor gave up and, since I didn't, I moved on and made an appointment for a second opinion with a doctor I had seen when I first moved to the Bay area. Their office specializes in sports medicine but also offers family medicine.
My appointment went well. He listened and added notes to my file and brainstormed some areas to start looking into. That is exactly what I wanted to happen. I may never know a name of what is going on, but I at least want to TRY to find it, and if anything I want to make sure I'm managing my pain correctly. Right now I have to take such a combination of medicine to try and cope, that I wonder if I shouldn't be taking something else that can work better and not require so many different pills. I have no idea though so all I can do is ask my doctors and trust in what they prescribe.
My next step is to take blood tests for a number of things, including arthritis and thyroid. My general thyroid always comes out good but apparently this is a more complex issue that requires a different type of test. I'm just glad that he is willing to consider so many different options and test for them. We're going to reconvene in a few weeks with all of the results and see where we're at. Until then, I'll be trying to post about things other than my health. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment