Friday, April 20, 2012

Love Makes A House A Home


One of my best friend's, Kristina, came up to visit me this week. I was so excited! (Only it was more like this: I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) We watched movies, gave me a makeover (sweet!), went shopping, found treasures, laughed, drank tea, cooked and ate, and enjoyed a bottle of wine she brought from her trip to France (fancy!). Not only was it a blast, but I loved her company. I could definitely do that again soon. :) It meant the world to me that she left her family for a few days and drove up to spend some time with me.

Not only is Kristina great company but she is also super talented. We thoroughly investigated and educated ourselves in the products at Sephora and she then gave me a tutorial in using them. She brought her supplies and cut, colored, and styled my hair while we watched movies. What a treat! She also has an eye for design and helped me arrange and hang some shelves in my kitchen. I love the way they turned out! (P.S. I had sanded and painted them white last week. They used to be black and over the TV in our old place.) I love how homey it feels! I added a lamp to the table to add extra light to the area.


One of the treasures we found was a shabby chic cream flower vase at a local consignment store. I loved it and couldn't pass up the cheap price, so it came home with us and I added some snapdragons fro TJ's. 


After Kristina headed back down south, I pulled out some other photos and rearranged some of the items on my side tables. I also added a few items to the area in the kitchen with the vase. 


I then sat back with Hunter and thought about how blessed I am and how much I love our little home. There's a Rascal Flatts' song that talks about how the best view is from the "front porch looking in" and I definitely felt that way today. I enjoyed the moment before heading off to my doctor appointment for a second opinion, but that's another entry for another time. 

Grateful for blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment