This last weekend I was able to take a road trip with Hunter down to Ventura to see my family for Ben's 4th birthday. I shuffled some doctor appointments around so I could leave Friday morning and we arrived by early afternoon. My mom treated me to a manicure, and in the evening my sister and the boys came over for dinner and a swim.
 |
| Little fishie |
 |
| "Hey guys, I think this hat's too small!" |
 |
| Trying to convince Hunter to jump in |
Hunter has been in the ocean before but he had never been in the pool so I was eager to try out his water skills. We found that he can swim well but he doesn't enjoy it- he obviously doesn't take after my side of the family. ;)
On Saturday I had a visit with my good friend, Kristina, while she cut and colored my hair. Afterwards, my mom and I went shopping for a dress and shoes for some weddings coming up. We ended up finding a great dress (and great deal!) at Alexis Bridal in Oxnard, where my mom got her dress for my wedding. That night we headed over to my sister's for a dessert birthday party for Ben, and Hunter had lots of fun chasing- and destroying- any ball he could find. It was so nice to see so many family members that I hadn't seen in months!
 |
| Ben and Hunter play fetch |
 |
| (The action shot) |
 |
| Nathan playing with Hunter |
 |
| Nathan and Hunter play fetch |
 |
| A love-love relationship: Nathan loves to throw and Hunter loves to catch |
 |
| Our athletic dog |
 |
| Auntie Den and Ben drawing birthday balloons on the chalkboard |
 |
| Nathan enjoys some birthday pie with Grandma and Auntie Den |
 |
| Great Grandpa Al and Ben |
 |
| Playing Peek-A-Boo with Auntie Den |
On Sunday we went to church and then my mom and I headed to my grandma's house to have a coconut cream pie date (I don't know anyone other than my grandma who loves this pie as much as I do) with my Aunt Debra, who was visiting from New Mexico. Later that afternoon my sister, the boys, and my sister's friend came over for another pool party and dinner. On Monday morning we headed back up north to start the work week and get ready for our friend's wedding in San Diego this weekend!
ive never heard of alexis bridal!! is it reasonable $$ ?
ReplyDelete