Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's a Baby Shower...for Me!


I cannot believe I'm going to be having a baby shower in just over a week!!!! This is a time of celebration and joy for me after such a long, hard journey through infertility to get here. I couldn't be happier about getting to spend time dreaming and planning for these two little ones with my family and friends!

I'm especially excited to get to spend time with everyone since this will be my last visit south for quite some time. After September 14th I am not allowed to travel more than an hour away from my doctor and once the babies arrive we won't be traveling anywhere for several months at least. This means that for the first time we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas at home with just the two of us...or maybe the four of us for Christmas! :)

With twins it feels like there's not only a million things we need but then we need them times two! Yikes! HAHA! We're really hoping to receive some of the necessities from our registry like car seats and their accessories, a twin nursing pillow, diapers, monitor, and diaper bag. Some of these are things we'll need at the hospital and some are things we'll need as soon as we get home. I'm really looking forward to when I'll be packing my hospital bag as well as the diaper bag with things they'll need to come home in. I think packing will make it feel so real that soon we'll be seeing their faces and they'll be coming home. I can't wait!

We've been working on making the extra room into a nursery by reorganizing downstairs to make space for our exercise equipment and packing up the office to make room for the cribs and dresser. I've painted a few pieces of old furniture and Matt has built some new Ikea furniture. I love organizing and projects like this and it's been good to have something to keep me busy when Matt has to travel to China. I know it's a little early to be nesting but with twins there's a serious risk of bed rest, complications, and/or them coming early so I want to be ready sooner rather than later. I also get tired really easily these days so it's nice to be able to take my time and work on things a little each day.

I am almost 22 weeks along and my favorite part of pregnancy so far is feeling the babies kick and move around, which I've been blessed enough to feel since Week 14. The movements are getting bigger and stronger and my belly has started to move with their acrobatics. They each weigh over a pound now and are constantly bumping into one another.

I am over halfway to my due date now. My OB won't let me go past 37 weeks, due to them running out of room to grow, and I feel like the countdown is on...even if it still feels quite a ways away. :) I'm just taking things one small milestone at a time. Next up...my (very!) long-awaited baby shower!



***Side Note: Some of you who have followed our journey have asked where we are registered at. To keep things simple we only registered at Babies R Us and are listed under Staci Scott or Matthew Scott in San Jose, CA. Thank you so much to those of you who have sent us cards and notes of encouragement! We can't tell you how much it means that so many people are praying and celebrating with us about these two little miracles!***

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy this time while it is still all about you! If your twins are like mine, you will fall to the very bottom of the totem pole.

    ReplyDelete