If you still haven't seen our reveal video you can watch it here:
http://youtu.be/qM3nRBY8iA4
Sharing our infertility journey was important to me for so many reasons, but one of the consequences was that there was no big, fun, surprise pregnancy announcement. And there's really no big surprise announcement to make with naming the babies because, well, everyone knows you have to name a baby! So it was really important to me to have a fun surprise gender announcement! It was also really important to tell our parents face-to-face so we could share the excitement with them.
We picked a weekend we would be down south (especially as our ability to travel is really limited right now with my pregnancy) and it was even better because a lot of our family from out of town was there for my cousin's beautiful wedding Friday night. My mom planned a delicious brunch for Saturday morning and I decided on a balloon reveal so everyone there would find out the gender at the same time. I made the boxes earlier in the week and on Saturday morning Matt and I went out, bought the balloons, and packed them in the boxes. After everyone ate, our family looked on as Matt and I each opened a box and revealed the genders of Baby A and Baby B!
Thank you so much to our parents, my sister, my cousin Kirsten (and her three little ones), my cousins Mark & Rachel (and their twin girls), and my Auntie Den & Uncle Jim for coming to celebrate with us! Thank you to those who stopped by later in the afternoon to visit as well! And a big thanks to my sister and Kirsten for the pictures!
(Click on each picture for a bigger view)
 |
| Boxes I decorated for each baby and we stuffed with balloons |
 |
| Baby A is a BOY! |
 |
| I love how excited my mom looks! |
 |
| Baby B is a BOY! |
 |
| 18 weeks pregnant with fraternal twin boys (and no we did not color coordinate our outfits for the genders...it just happened that way HA!) |
 |
| My parents and us |
 |
| Matt's parents and us |
 |
| My cousin Mark showing Matt a look into his future with twins ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment