Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Final Countdown & Feeling Thankful

"I'm still pregnant."

This is how I now answer the phone when it rings and my mom's picture pops up on my screen. Silly mom! She's knows I'll call her if anything happens but the job of a mom is to worry and check-in and be concerned and love your little one even when they aren't so "little" anymore. I'm about to find out all about this new job description but for now I appreciate that my mom cares and is always thinking of me!

I'm in my 36th week and really wasn't sure I would ever make it this far. Pregnancy has been the greatest blessing but has also been much more challenging than I ever anticipated. It has been especially hard with Matt's busier-than-anticipated travel schedule this year. There were so many times I desperately needed someone to take care of me and had to figure out a way to do it on my own when he was gone. But thankfully over the summer I met and have become friends with an amazing group of girls who have loved on me and have taken care of me like family, which means so much as I don't have my mom or sister nearby to lean on and help me. They keep me company, feed me, support me, listen to me, love on me (especially when hormones run wild and I end up crying about the silliest things), and encourage me. Thank you Awakening Church girls for being like the family I so desperately need close by!!! These women are also setting up meals to be delivered to us after the babies are born which will be SUCH a lifesaver!

My friend Anne has also been an amazing support. She checks in with me, visits with me, and feeds me. Apparently people think I need to eat. :) My cousin Rachel has also been an endless wealth of help and love. I am so thankful to have her knowledge of twins and someone to chat with who understands this special kind of pregnancy and future of raising multiples. My other biggest support has been a group of friends from my online infertility support group. Most of us met as we walked through endless infertility treatments, disappointments, heartache, and then miracles and our pregnancies. There's something very different about pregnancy after walking through infertility that I can't explain- it changes everything about the pregnancy experience as well as the future raising our little ones.

So as I look forward to these final weeks, days, and hours of pregnancy- no matter how hard they may be- I feel so blessed and grateful for so many things. This gift of pregnancy, these two little miracles (and indeed, they are true miracles), new friends, and loving family... I couldn't be more thankful!

We will be sure to let everyone know when these babies are born, whenever that may be. Our families will most likely receive a text from our parents and once we are recovered enough we will post something on Facebook. Until then, I'll stick to answering my phone with, "I'm still pregnant." ;)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on HP lately but finally checked my email folder that holds new blog posts and was happy to see I didn't miss you having your babies yet! I'm so sorry I've been out of touch but please text me when you have your little ones!! I now have texting on my plan. :) I'm so glad you've made it this far - these little boys will be nice and strong when they arrive. Good job Mom! So glad you have such a good support system.

    ReplyDelete