Even though I was still sick with post preeclampsia (my doctor actually wanted to keep me another night), we were discharged from the hospital around 8:30pm on Sunday (because of insurance policies...long story...we had great doctors and care while there!). It was a very stressful drive home due to the fact that the babies are preemie and a little too tiny for their car seats. They had both passed an oxygen test to be allowed to go home in their car seats but Lucas had barely passed his and needed several attempts at it. Due to their size, their little heads and necks droop and it cuts off their oxygen flow. Driving home and not being sure if your baby's head had tipped and he possibly wasn't breathing well made for one anxious 10-minute trip!
My mom had decorated our front porch for when we arrived home and of course I burst out in tears! It was so sweet and such a special moment!
Here are some pictures my mom took earlier in the afternoon. We didn't know until late in the day if I would be released or not so she decorated just in case. I added a few other pictures from our arrival home that night. Please be gracious and remember I was extremely, extremely sick and also exhausted. :)
 |
| Welcome home Scott family! |
 |
| First family photo at home, with a very excited Hunter who wanted to check out the babies |
 |
| First night at home. Brothers having a slumber party :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment