I like to tease Matt that everything in our house is easy to find because it's so organized and he likes to joke that he can never find anything because I'm always reorganizing things. HAHA! Guilty as charged! ;)
The nursery used to be our office/workout room/guest room/extra storage and all of that had to be reorganized into other areas of the house so we could make room for the babies and their things. Good thing for us, reorganizing is right up my alley! I am a big fan of baskets and keeping things stored together while Matt is what I call a "free organizer" and leaves his things in a trail all around the house...great for finding him but not so great when trying to keep our house looking clutter-free! I thought I would post some pictures of how we shuffled things around to create new spaces for our growing family.
 |
| This unit has two baskets to hold our workout shoes and extra shoes, like flip flops and slippers. It also holds a box for each of us to store our knick-knacks in...those items that typically end up in a junk drawer. On top of the unit I keep a basket for Matt to empty his pockets out into when he walks through the door to help minimize the free organizing. |
 |
| This unit holds all of our workout equipment, but I love that it has doors so I don't have to see it all! |
 |
| Here's the inside of the cabinet: Our workout programs (like P90X, T25, Brazil Butt Lift, and more), our weights, yoga block, and other gear |
 |
| This unit holds baskets for our workout towels and baby toys. It also holds our DVDs and a shelf for each of us to store the current books we're reading |
 |
| Here's a look at the room overall. We also recently invested in a new rug and leather sofa/ recliner set. I'm loving that things are finally coordinating since everything we had before was still from our college days and mismatched. |
 |
| I hung our workout resistance bands in the closet so all the workout things are now downstairs. The guest room things are stored in Rubbermaid bins in storage outside. It's easy enough to bring them in and set them up when we have an overnight visitor. The stroller also fits in this closet under the stairs. |
 |
| Here's a peek in the basket of baby toys :) |
 |
| My cousins loaned us this twin sized pack 'n play- thanks Mark & Rachel! For now I'm storing a basket with diapers and wipes in it but eventually both babies will be able to sleep and play safely downstairs in it. |
 |
A peek at the closet in the nursery upstairs. It's not done but for now it's storing boxes with extra baby clothes and supplies, organized by size and type.
|
 |
I love seeing handsome little button-down shirts hanging up!
|
 |
| The other side of the closet still holds some of our clothes as well as my craft and sewing things. |
 |
| We transferred the desk and computer into this armoire. I love that it can be closed up and tucked away so the room still seems like a nursery. |
So that's about it! We have storage outside in our carport where I have Rubbermaid bins with the guest bed things, as well as Christmas decorations, gift wrap, and other seasonal decorations. Right now the house is decorated for Fall but I am getting eager to decorate for Winter and Christmas. I think that will make it feel even closer to when these babies are going to be born!
Get those organizing tendencies out now...
ReplyDelete