Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Update on Team Scott and the Babies

10 weeks ago: 25 weeks pregnant, being monitored at the hospital



At 25 weeks pregnant I started having a lot of contractions and ended up in the hospital, strapped up to monitors galore, with alarms going off left and right as the babies continually kicked the monitors off. It was quite challenging to find their separate heartbeats each time and continually replace the monitors! Thankfully everything checked out with our little ones and I was eventually sent home with a prescription to stop the contractions.

That was about 10 weeks ago and now at 34 weeks pregnant my contractions have picked up even more and I have to take my medication on a regular basis to stop them since we are trying to bake these buns in the oven as long as possible. Baby A is positioned impossibly low, with Baby B pressing down on him, and their weight and positions are causing me to be in a lot of pain to the point that I can barely walk and even sitting is extremely uncomfortable (and forget laying down or sleeping!). While I am only 34 weeks pregnant, the size of my belly is measuring at 42 weeks pregnant so hopefully you can imagine the discomfort I'm in - and I still have at least 3 weeks to go! All of these contractions and pressure are also causing me to have false labor, which typically happens in the middle of the night so poor Matt isn't sleeping much these days either.

I am restricted to the couch with my feet up but the babies seem healthy and my doctor doesn't seem to think there isn't any reason I won't make it till my due date so long as I follow her instructions. It looks like we should be meeting these little ones sometime before Christmas so this story is "to be continued" for awhile longer...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 comment: