Sunday, March 11, 2012

Before & After: Painting

Sorry for the delay everyone, but with moving comes turning off your internet service and playing the waiting game to get it set up at the new place. After multiple appointments, as of this afternoon, we were finally connected again. Hooray! Here's a little update about some minor reno's before we moved in. 

When we moved into our new place, it wasn't painted, but the landlord agreed to pay for the paint if we did the labor and wanted to paint some accent walls. So I took off the Thursday and Friday before we moved and I headed to Benjamin Moore and picked out two colors: Baby Fawn for downstairs and Beacon Gray for the bedroom (remember the color may not be true due to your computer screen). I spent two days painting and one afternoon touching up and finishing up. I think we're happy with the results. Here are some before and after pictures to give you an idea.

Before: Front wall with front door


After: Front wall with front door


Before: Living room/Kitchen wall
After: Living room/Kitchen wall



Before: Bedroom wall (painting the wall to the right, and continuing around to the wall opposite of the closet)

After (this is the all to the right of the closet, and painted the wall to the right, which is opposite of the closet)

We will take more pictures after things are moved in and settled a bit more. We finally got things settled enough that we can relax (FINALLY- yay!) tonight, but we're definitely not close to being picture worthy. 

If you haven't been to our old home then I'll give you a color scheme idea so you'll know why I picked the colors I did. Our living room and kitchen is a mix of tan/brown (which compliments our furniture in natural woods like pine, oak, and cedar) along with light greens. The bedroom is a mix of green, tan, and dark blue. 

We also bought an entertainment center and turned it into a storage cabinet for dishes/pots/pans in the kitchen. I'll be taking pictures of that and posting them later for y'all to see. 

Some other projects we're working on still are : unpacking boxes (for now they are piled into the office and under the stairs), putting up curtains, putting up wall decor, getting some more furniture (like an end table for the sofa, another chair/ottoman, more chairs for our dining set, and nightstands), and generally finding a good flow of things which means setting up and moving things around as you use them. We've been scavenging Craigslist, yard sales, antique stores, furniture warehouses, and consignment stores for our other pieces of furniture. So far we haven't found anything in our budget but we're still having fun looking and learning more about our new neighborhood. 

I'll post more pics as things get settled. Stay tuned!







2 comments:

  1. crazy how a tiny bit of color makes an apartment look like a house!

    ReplyDelete