Monday, March 12, 2012

Entertainment Center Reno

I love my handy hubby.

Shortly after renting our new home I realized there was a real lack of storage in the kitchen and started thinking of creative solutions. I decided to try to make an armoire or entertainment center into a storage pantry for my mixing bowls, pots, pans, and such. I searched and searched and searched Craigslist and found one in San Mateo that I liked (along with the cheap price!). That's where my handy hubby comes in.

We drove up and he somehow fit it into the Jeep, got it to the new place, and then headed to Home Depot for some supplies. For the next two nights after work he got out his tools and sat down to create what I had in mind...and then tweak it as I changed my mind. What a saint! When he was done, I busted out my cleaning supplies and spruced it up.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and how much I can store in it. Out of sight, out of mind.

(You should be able to click on the photo for a larger image. Please excuse the mess surrounding it as we move in.)




No comments:

Post a Comment