Today was my day off from work and I had intended to putz around, rest, and maybe do a few little projects. Well, I'm going to be in BIG trouble when Matt gets home tonight because once I started on a few little things, it just steamrolled away from me, and I conquered just about everything. Oops. It's certainly not finished- we still have boxes and trash and outside/sports things to organize- but it's definitely coming along. I have a few other little projects to do along with hanging photos and putting out candles and things like that.
Guest Room/Office
We originally planned for me to paint this room but ran out of time with moving and all so the tape is still up in parts. We haven't decided if we'll paint it eventually or not. There's still things to hang on the walls and finish settling in, but for the most part I think it's all set.
One of my best friends, Kristina, is coming to stay with me next month. I think it inspired me to get it all settled and ready for company! :)
 |
| Desk |
 |
| Width of room: plenty of space to put an inflatable blow up bed (with memory foam top of course). I plan to hang some curtains in here eventually. |
 |
| Our little library |
 |
| The armoire holds the TV and DVD player on top, with room below to store my arts, crafts, sewing things, and extra office supplies. My husband is a saint to let me put some of my favorite and memorable stuffed animals out. <3 |
 |
| Closet: this side is storing our Christmas and other holiday decorations, along with our guest inflatable bed and bedding. There's a few things left in here that would ideally go in a storage shed outside. |
 |
| Closet: on this side I've hung our dressy clothes. Since we don't use them as often, I liked keeping them here to give us more space in our bedroom closet. |
Living Room
As promised, here are some pictures of the living room. I'd like to hang a photo wall over the couch eventually. (Sorry- We still have some boxes to take out to the trash. You can see them in some of the photos.)
 |
| Living room. We got this great rug at Home Depot for $50. We weren't sure if Hunter was going to want to eat it or how it would hold up in the space so we decided to start with a cheaper carpet for now. I love that it anchors the space and gives you a warm spot to put your toes when sitting on the couch. |
 |
| This is the TV wall. We moved on Matthew's birthday but I still made sure to get him our traditional birthday balloons. The little hall to the right accesses the closet under the stairs and the half bath. |
 |
| Looking towards the front door. Matthew hung the curtains and our key hook. I think it's finally feeling cozy and homey. Eventually I would like to get a chair and ottoman, or a chaise, to go in the corner under the window instead of my grandma's rocking chair. That may go upstairs or on the other side of the couch. |
Dining Room
Right now our dining room is between the living room and kitchen. We needed the space in the kitchen for the kitchen storage cupboard, and also for Matt's bikes for right now. We're looking for some sort of outside storage shed to put his bikes and things in, but for now, they're in the kitchen to keep them safe. I also have some shelves that I would like to repaint and hang over the kitchen table to put photos on. We're still looking for two more matching chairs for our dining table.
No comments:
Post a Comment