Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like...Fall?

It may still be in the 80's and feeling like summer but I decided that with September and the kids all back in school it was time to change our house over to Fall. Out came the pumpkin and cinnamon scented candles. Burnt orange, red, and brown colors. Fall leaf-shaped candle holders and wall hanging decorations. I have to say, I think it's working! I'm starting to feel ready for the change in seasons, cooler days, and snuggling with blankets. And yes, I do have three Rubbermaid bins full of decorations I switch out for Fall, Winter, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Spring, and Summer. I try to stock up during clearance sales and frequent the bargain bins. So when my local Michael's ad told me they were having a 50% off sale, you know I headed right over with my extra coupons! I was so pleased to find a few things to spruce up my decor such as ribbon, a leaf garland, and candle vase fillers! And I'm doubly happy that my ribbon can be used for Christmas and Winter too! Here's a few pictures of our new additions:

Red ribbon around cream candles in candleholders filled with light orange vase gems

Red ribbon around cream candle with leaf garland around its base

Just a little pop of Fall on the dining table.


No comments:

Post a Comment