Okay, let's talk about the dreaded "F" word... yes, Fitness. Many people have a preconceived notion of fitness that can scare them out of getting into a new routine. Maybe it looks like this...
![]() |
| (torture device included) |
Or this....
![]() |
| (shudder) |
Or this....
![]() |
| (no one should ever have to see this much spandex in a room at once) |
No wonder no one wants to workout! They also may think everyone will laugh at them if they enter a gym or exercise class. They won't know what to do. Won't be able to make themselves reach their goals, or even create goals! They think there's no way they can motivate themselves to keep up with a workout plan. Or maybe they have no idea where to begin. All of these are totally valid reasons, but also all reasons that can be overcome.
As someone who wanted to workout, but didn't know where to begin with my new health restrictions, and didn't want to pay a monthly gym membership, I can speak to almost all of these reasons. I contacted my friend Kristi and asked her to tell me more about Team Beachbody. I knew they created and sold popular fitness programs, like Insanity and P90X, but did they have anything that could work for me???
Kristi explained how I could explore all of the 20 different programs offered, order online, have it shipped to my house, workout in my own home (where I didn't have to worry about snickers if I couldn't keep up or messed up a move), and could make up my own schedule or follow along to one provided online. Team Beachbody could create a whole meal plan and shopping list for me. I could connect with other people doing the same program to hold each other accountable, get tips, share success, and encourage one another. I could also purchase supplements to help me reach my goals. It's become a system I've fallen in love with!
I find it so much easier to fit in a workout when all I need to do is close a door instead of commuting to the gym. I love paying one time for a program that works instead of paying every month to wait for machines and be inspected by every person in the building. And I LOVE the Team Beachbody website. You see, every time you log your workout online (which is so easy to do), you automatically get entered into a daily drawing for $500 and you'll never guess who woke up one day to find out she won...that's right, ME!!! Talk about motivation!
So after finding something that felt like such a fit for me, I headed back to Kristi to ask her about getting more involved. I found out that you can become a coach, where you help other people find and reach their fitness goals too, and can make a paycheck while doing it! After doing some more research, thinking, and talking to Matt, we decided I would take that next step. As of last week, I am a Team Beachbody Coach and I can't wait to help people feel better inside and out!
I'll be keeping my nanny job for now as this is a job I plan to financially work up to, and I love the family I've with now besides. Someday I hope to be a stay-at-home mom and our goal is that this will help supplement our family's income while still allowing me to keep my fitness and health goals. It's also our goal for Matt and I to try a program together, so we'll be starting P90X soon!
Please feel free to email or Facebook me at any time if you have questions, want to find out more, or think you'd like to purchase a program. This is not something I want to be "selling" to anyone, but more something that I'd love to connect people with if they're looking for somewhere to get started or want to expand whatever they're currently doing. For me, there's nothing that feels better than helping someone else, especially if it's about something as serious and important as their health!



No comments:
Post a Comment